9 Steps To Cleaner And Healthier Skin
According to Bestskinpeel, for cleaner, healthier and easier skin, simply follow this list of nine items:
1) Reduce your stress level through prayer and meditation. Stress produces hormones that make us age because they destroy cells and produce biotoxins and free radicals. Studies have shown that prayer and meditation can reduce our stress levels. Prayer and meditation have been shown to relieve some symptoms of cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
2) Drink lots of water. It is a fact that 90% of us do not drink enough water. In order for skin cells to function properly, to properly heal from wounds, etc., we need to drink 8 to 12 cups of water a day. Our skin is one of our most important organs because it protects us from diseases, it also helps us fall, etc … it needs a lot of water.
3) Get a good night’s sleep. Not getting enough sleep for 8 to 10 hours a day will first appear on your skin. Broken capillaries, swelling, dark circles.
4) Eat well. Get proper nutrition. Too much junk food can cause or worsen skin problems, such as pimples and acne. Eating a balanced meal 3 times a day has been shown to help alleviate skin problems and clear acne breakouts.
5) Take vitamins to supplement your skin and body. We cannot always be sure that we are getting 100% of every vitamin and mineral from the food we eat, but we can take a multivitamin once a day. It’s cheap at Walmart and there’s no excuse. People who take a multivitamin once a day live longer. It’s a proven fact, just like people who smoke take years off their lives.
6) Cleanse your skin properly. Strong soaps can dry out the skin and stimulate the production of sebum (oil) that can aggravate acne. Use a mild cleanser that contains 2% salicylic acid. This has been shown to be very effective in removing excess oil while maintaining proper hydration and pH. Slight acidity will keep bacteria at bay.
7) Don’t smoke. Smoking depresses you for years. Smoking can literally add 10 years to the look of your old skin. Why do you want to do that? If you must use nicotine, get some gum or a nicotine patch; it will cure your cravings and there is no evidence or statistics that anyone has cancer or lung disease etc.
8) Use sunscreen. The skin contains keratinene to protect us from the sun’s rays, but it is not comparable to the ultraviolet rays, etc … to which we are exposed. Skin cancer comes in many forms, all of which are fatal. If you think you will not develop skin cancer or think you are at risk, go to your local dermatologist and ask to see photos of clients with skin cancer and, better yet, go to the local hospital oncology center. You will never think this way again. Apply sunscreen.
9) Treat yourself to a spa treatment at least once a year. Skin peel, TCA peel, deep tissue massage, total relaxation, aromatherapy, etc … all revitalize and heal your skin. TCA peels will enhance the skin’s ability to renew itself and improve collagen levels.
Remember, follow these 9 steps to enjoy healthy skin.